Education or Research Volunteering
The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) has two areas of volunteering Education Volunteering and Research Associate or Visiting Researcher.
The Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (MAGNT) has many opportunities for Volunteers and Research Associate’s or Visiting Researcher’s.
MAGNT’s Volunteering Program aims to widen access to MAGNT by providing friendly and informative learning opportunities for visitors.
Below are all volunteer positions within the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory (Fannie Bay) and The Fannie Bay Goal. Certain positions will require the applicant to have or be able to get a Northern Territory Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card)
- Gallery Volunteer. Applications Open 26/02/2012 – 25/03/2012. More Info
MAGNT Gallery Volunteers work front of house greeting and orienting visitors on the museum, exhibitions and current public programs and special events such as selected openings. This position does involve standing and / or walking through the galleries. Northern Territory Working with Children Clearance (Ochre Card) is required.
Our Gallery Volunteers are required to make a minimum commitment of 3 / 6 or 12 months. Make sure you are able to make the commitment before applying. Make sure you are eligible.
You must meet these requirements:
• Be willing to assist diverse groups of people enjoy MAGNT
• Experience with dealing with the public an advantage
• Be fluent in English (a second language is an advantage but not required)
• Be able to commit to a time period.
• Be able to attend orientation and any training
- Education Volunteer Applications Closed
- Discovery Centre Volunteer Applications Closed
- Tour Liaison Volunteer Applications Closed
- Other Ongoing Volunteering Opportunities Applications Closed
- Research Associate or Visiting researcher. Applications Open More Info
Research Associates are bona fide researchers who undertake research or curatorial work in one of the disciplinary fields or collection areas of the MAGNT.
Visiting Researchers are bona fide researchers from other institutions who wish to use MAGNT facilities for short-term (usually 1 to 12 months) independent research projects or collaborative projects with MAGNT staff.
- Volunteer Program Application Form – Attachment A
- Research Associate & Visiting Researcher Application Form - Attachment B (Word 439KB)
Please contact MAGNT if you need to obtain a hard copy.